You want to apply? Registering for the Multimedia and Authorship master’s program is possible in odd years only, by May 15. Information can be found here or on the website of Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
Admission to the master’s program requires that you have a degree that provides professional qualifications (bachelor’s or higher). Preferred are those from the humanities, social sciences, cultural studies or comparable disciplines, though students from other fields are also welcome.
The master’s program currently has open admission (i.e. no NC, numerus clasus), though there is an entrance test that must be passed.
If your degree will not be available until after the application deadline, you can submit a transcript that covers at least 2/3 of the courses required for your field of study along with the other application materials. For registration in the winter semester, the degree must then be submitted by January 31 of the following year at the latest.
Students from a variety of fields who have different interests and experience come together in our program. What they all have in common is a receptiveness to digital media and journalism, curiosity about new fields of knowledge, interest in scientific study of topics involving the digital present and eagerness to work in a team while realizing a variety of projects.
Since the program focuses on practical application, you should have your own notebook computer and bring it to class. Should financial or technical help be required, please contact email@example.com.
Application for the entrance test
Admission to the master’s program requires passing an entrance test, which is in the form of an interview. For an invitation, submit a application for admission, which consists of the following documents:
- a request to take part in an entrance interview (in the form of a cover letter)
- a written report (email) of about two DIN A4 pages listing your personal and subject-specific reasons for applying to the Multimedia and Authorship master’s program
- the completed questionnaire
- copies of all transcripts and documents outlining your past career, academic and otherwise (e.g. A-levels/school-leaving certificate, subject-specific secondary degree), current tertiary degrees (e.g. bachelor’s or transcript of previous work), previous courses of study, internships, special qualifications or residence abroad
- Provide your contact details (name, address, phone number, email address, date and location of birth) in the upper right-hand corner.
- If possible, submit materials printed double-sided for the good of the environment.
- Please do not submit documents in application portfolios or stapled together. Unattached sheets of paper in the correct order in an envelope, with punched holes if possible, are sufficient.
- If you would like to have originals or certified copies returned, include a postpaid envelope of the correct size. The materials will be returned after conclusion of the application process, by late August.
- Send all application materials by mail and also email (as PDFs if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This application and all materials must be received by the registrar’s office of the Philosophy Department II of the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg by May 15. Please send them to the following address:
Philosophische Fakultät II
06099 Halle (Saale)
After an application has been received and checked for completeness and correctness, you will receive an invitation to an entrance interview, which is expected to take place in late June. A selection panel will conduct interviews with every applicant, verifying the following skills and knowledge in approximately 15 minutes:
- linguistic and artistic expression
- knowledge of software and programming
- knowledge and skills pertaining to media praxis
- interdisciplinary knowledge and judgment, particularly in the areas of media, communication, digitalization, journalism and their theoretical fields
- aptitude for and receptiveness to the Multimedia and Authorship program
In order to guarantee the program’s quality, the number of students is limited to 12. Assignment is made according to a ranking in which the degree’s cumulative grade and the results of the entrance interview are decisive. Applicants will be informed regarding admission in late July. Additional information can be found in the regulations for students and examinations.
Interviews will be held at the Institute of Music, Media and Speech Science.
Institut für Musik, Medien- und Sprechwissenschaften
Medien- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
Multimediazentrum (MMZ) Mansfelder Strasse 56
1st Floor, Room 206
D-06108 Halle (Saale)
The May 20, 2020 rules for the entrance test for the Multimedia and Authorship master’s program (120 course credits) outlines the selection process.
Application for admission
Final admission to the program requires submission of an application by August 31. The following documents are required:
- signed application for admission (must be submitted at the university’s online application portal) [https://immaamt.verwaltung.uni-halle.de/bewerbung/]
- official copy of the tertiary degree
- copy of the A-level/school-leaving certificate
Please send your application to the Immatrikulationsamt/student office of the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg. The address can be found on the application for admission.
Additional information on registration, fact sheets and FAQs can be found on the website of the Immatrikulationsamt/student office.
The Immatrikulationsamt/student office will provide information about what must be done next.